Sunday 6 March 2011

Flexible learning Actitivy 1

Hi everyone, I think I have just managed to set up my blog.

The Internet froze on my first attempt, so hope this works. 

My name is Liz and I work as Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing.  I worked as Nursing Tutor in Dunedin until 1984 when the School that was affiliated with Dunedin Hospital shut down.  Our greatest teaching tool was the blackboard, learning was by demonstration and doing, we used experts to educated us in their various professional fields.

Since then I have worked as a Lecturer in Management at the School of Business at the Univeristy of Otago.  There I was introduced to the 'pressure cooker' world of large class teaching and the electronic Blackboard for disseminating information. 

Now, back in the more homely world of Nursing, I am doing this course to learn how to connect learners up with the vast array of online resources that are available to us as learners.  

1 comment:

  1. Liz it is wonderful that you migrated back to the polytechnic. It sounds like you have a variety of experience to draw on in your teaching. The Nursing school must be quite different now compared to 1984, and certainly there was no online learning around then.

    ReplyDelete